Sunday, February 26, 2012

Chapter 13: Being Humbled....

Humbled: Lower (someone) in dignity or importance

This year has brought a lot of joy & challenges. I am so thankful for it. A couple weeks ago my best friend was baptized & it was honestly incredible. She is honestly the most humble and selfless person I know & when times get tough she will always say with a smile on her face..
 "Just give it to God, it will all work out"
Man we have grown up in the last 8 years haha
Liz is so full of love and compassion for others. I dont know what I would do with out her.  I am so glad she has met one of the most incredible men I know & has made friends with awesome people (:
Levi you're the bomb & I have nothing but love & respect for you - You are honestly a saint, thank you for taking care of Liz & also welcoming me into your circle of friends.
----------------------------------------
I have had an opportunity to test for Tempe Police Department - what an awesome experience! Although I didn't make the cut, I learned so much. I know exactly what my weaknesses are & what I will be working on so that I can keep bettering my self to obtain my dreams. 
"Its not about how many times you fall, but how many times you get back up"
I was very very lucky & had a support system drive all the way to Arizona with me, stay there while I was testing for 10 hours & drive all 12 hours again back to Utah. I would have really been beside myself if Liz wasnt there. [THANKYOU SWEETHEART]
Visited Lake Powell on the way back & made future camping trips - We will go back for the Dam Tour (:
 ----------------------------------------
Being in Arizona I was able to see my soul sister & best friend Eliza Jane -- Cant tell you how much I have missed her beautiful face! && Of course as the hostest with the mostest she entertained Liz & I (: Love you Liza so so much - so honored to be called Bliza (:
  CANT WAIT for you to come to UTAH yay wrist (:
----------------------------------------
I have applied for Tucson Police Department, hopefully I will be invited back to test (: in the mean time I am just going to be training as hard as I possibly can so I can do my best & learn more.
 ----------------------------------------
Also in the last month working at a new job and applying for different departments has been stressful to say the least. I miss dispatching hopefully I can go back part time - but I know that I am moving in the right direction towards my dreams being able to focus on things I have personally put aside for far too long. That being said I have had the opportunity to go on ride a longs.. & oh my gosh I honestly can say again & again, I know with all my heart this is what I want to do for the rest of my life. I love every minute of it. I crave it & its honestly in my blood & apart of me. I have never felt so much happiness in my life - its honestly amazing to be able to see what makes you truly happy. I have learned so much about my self its crazy. I am so excited for what is to come next (: I cant wait to be a police officer - & I know I seriously need to find some patience somewhere inside of me-I know my time will come.
"Faith means trust--trust in God's will, trust in His way of doing things, and trust in His timetable. ... The issue for us is trusting God enough to trust also His timing" - Dallin H Oaks
 


No comments:

Post a Comment